6 x 6 Quick Questions – Higher
Added by Elizabeth on August 12, 2015
An ideal ‘starter’ activity for many different groups. These are our idea of essential skills for the higher ability students. There are 6 sets of 6 questions on the following topics:
- Multiplying & dividing with numbers in standard form
- Rounding to significant figures
- Solving simultaneous equations
- Factorising & solving quadratic equations
- Solving linear equations
- Fractional & negative indices
This document looks great displayed on the board or can be printed out for students. There is also a page for each set with space for working out – really useful if you want to go through the method on the board. Answers are of course included as usual.
UK: Suitable for both Key stage 3 & 4 students.